Skeeled is committed to protecting your privacy.
At Skeeled we take protecting your privacy seriously. This notice explains what to expect when using the Skeeled application.
What is Skeeled?
Skeeled is a cloud-based recruitment software which utilizes artificial intelligence (AI) to support recruitment process automation. The solution is designed to facilitate collaborative recruitment and offers an applicant tracking system (ATS), one-way video interviewing, and personality, motivational and cognitive assessments.
If the company decides to, Skeeled’s ATS (applicant tracking system) can use AI and ranking algorithms to screen, standardize, and assess candidates, and presents users with a list of candidates in order of relevance for comparisons. Automated CV screening categorizes candidates based on qualification and job profile requirements chosen by the company. Each candidate’s data is stored in a profile either in standardized resumes or in document format (PDF), allowing users to review and compare profiles. Companies using Skeeled have a centralized CV database that filters the candidates based on location, language, and other custom filters or tags.
Whose data do we collect and where do we get it from?
We collect data from different places and different people:
- Data that comes directly from the candidate. This will be the data collected to set up a profile, apply for roles and take part in assessments.
- Data that comes from recruiters. This will be the data collected to process the application and could include notes on the application, and assessment scores and data from publicly available sources, such as LinkedIn or other sources.
What data do we collect and how do we use it?
We collect and use a number of different types of data, some of which is personal data and some of which is not. All personal data is subject to policies and procedures to keep the data secure. To process applications we will collect some, or all of the following categories of data:
- your contact information, such as name, home address, email address, telephone and/or mobile phone number.
- identity verification information.
- information on your educational background (e.g., academic titles, diplomas, schools, and universities attended, skills and merits related) and professional records (e.g., professional experience, duration of previous job contracts, previous position titles, practice areas, assessments established by your previous employers).
- information on your skills which may be relevant for the recruiter (e.g., possession of a valid driving license or extra skills, the value and usefulness of which should be emphasised during the recruitment process such as your linguistic competencies, whether oral or written).
- information on your personal situation if explicitly asked by the recruiter (e.g., information on gender, date of birth, nationality, private address, civil status, parenthood).
- other information in some cases required by the recruiter to be submitted by you during the process of assessments
- information contained in your self-recorded videos (e.g., sound and images).
- information about how you use the Skeeled Services (e.g., date and time your device connects with Skeeled’s servers, what information, and files you have uploaded, saved, accessed, rectified, or otherwise modified, the features you use, your search queries and the amount of data you submit).
- personal messages and comments you submit on a voluntary basis (e.g., reviews on the application process) or provided by you when raising questions or introducing complaints.
CVs will be retained by Skeeled for up to 12 months, after which we may contact you to ask if you would like to retain your CV for a following 12 months. If you don’t consent to this the CV will be automatically deleted. Candidates can delete their profile, and data at any time during the recruitment process by submitting a request to Skeeled (email@example.com).
The company may decide to use Skeeled to collect some special categories of personal data from you. In the course of your application, the following categories of Special Category Data could be collected via Skeeled if the company decides so:
- data revealing racial or ethnic origin.
- data revealing political opinions.
- data revealing religious or philosophical beliefs.
- data revealing trade union membership.
- data concerning health.
What is the purpose for processing your data?
Skeeled processes your Personal Data, on behalf of the recruiter:
- to complete, fulfil and process your application, including any subsequent stages of the recruitment process.
- to communicate with you and to provide you with any service related to your application.
- to fulfil identity verifications.
- to respond to your inquiries and support needs and to fulfil or comply with any other request you may have.
- to provide you with the Skeeled Services, including any updates.
- to allow you to manage your application.
- to send you administrative information, such as information concerning changes to the Policies or any other legally binding document governing your use of the Skeeled Services, announcements or any information relating to any internship or any job position advertised by the recruiter or other announcements regarding the Skeeled Services.
- if necessary or appropriate:
- to meet or comply with any applicable rules, laws, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines issued by any legal or regulatory bodies which are applicable to the Skeeled Services (including but not limited to responding to regulatory complaints, disclosing to regulatory bodies, and conducting audit checks, due diligence, and investigations).
- to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence.
Storing and sharing data
Skeeled acts as a Data Processor, the recruiter acts as the Data Controller.
Skeeled only views your personal data where necessary to ensure required maintenance and security of the software.
Skeeled has a user impersonation feature which allows a member of the Skeeled team, normally form the customer support team, to change their feature and data authorization settings to match another user. This means that the support user will experience the system as if they are the impersonated user and will therefore come in to contact with some personal data. Skeeled uses this feature to investigate and fix specific problems relating to the software that may be encountered by the recruiter. This feature is only used with the express permission of the recruiter, and the feature is tracked and monitored.
Lawful Basis for Using Your Data
Under Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulation the lawful basis for the recruiter acting as Data Controller is: the data subject has given consent to the processing of their personal data for one or more specific purposes.
Under Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulation the lawful basis for Skeeled acting as Data Processor is: the processing is necessary to perform the contract we have with the recruiter.
Candidates can delete their data at any time in the recruitment process by submitting a request to Skeeled (firstname.lastname@example.org).
International Transfer of Personal Data and Third-Party Processors
Skeeled uses third party processors to process and store personal data. Mostly these will be based in the European Union, however some may be in the USA.
Where any data is processed outside the European Union, a standard contract clause will be in place.
Skeeled uses the following third-party processors:
- Ziggeo; Record, host and playback video interviews submitted by the applicants and record, upload, host and playback video presentations of companies.
- SendGrid, Inc; Send emails to applicants and recruiters.
- JOINVISION E-SERVICES GMBH; Parse the CV the applicant uploaded to fill faster the fields of Skeeled’s standardized CV.
- Slack Technologies, Inc.; Inform as soon as possible, the responsible people of the Skeeled team, of information needed to provide constant support to clients.
- Zendesk; Management of support tickets created by applicants and recruiters.
- AssessFirst SAS; Processing, evaluating, calculating and parsing of the results of multiple tests.
- Amazon Web Services; Storing data
- OVH ; Storing data
- Chronofy ; Processing calendars
- Muliposting (SAP) ; distribution of job publications
- VONQ ; distribution of job publications
- INDEED ; job aggregation and simply apply
- Scaleway: Web Services; Compute Services; (a redundancy to OVH)
- DataDog: Application performance metrics, Application Logs, Error Handling and SLA monitoring
- Google Tag Manager: Service to simplify the injection of analytics services into our products (currently only the User portal)
- Mouse Flow: Analytics Services
- MongoAtlas: A managed MongoDB as a service, (storing operational data)
- RedisCloud: A managed Redis database service (background tasks, managing scheduling and execution)
How we keep data safe and up to date
In accordance with UK and European data protection laws, we take measures to secure all personal data.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal and special category data.
We assign retention periods to all personal data
Storage of personal data
Skeeled shall store your Personal Data for the time periods listed below:
If you submit a request to delete your profile: At latest one (1) month after you have notified your intention to no longer use the Skeeled Services.
If your application is accepted by the Recruiter: your Personal Data will be necessary to perform your contract of employment or internship with the recruiter. In this event, your Personal Data will need to be stored by the recruiter in accordance with applicable legislation and retention periods.
If your application is not successful and you do not submit a request to delete your profile: Skeeled shall erase or anonymise all personal data after 12 months. The recruiter has also the option to erase all personal data before the end of the 12 months period or if requested by you.
We will however contact you prior to the expiration of each 12-month period to ask if you want us to retain your data for a further 12-month period.
Skeeled shall erase all Personal Data it has processed on behalf of the recruiter one (1) month after the end of the contractual relationship with the recruiter, unless otherwise required by law.
What are your rights?
Skeeled is registered with the Luxembourg Trade Register (Registre Commerce et des Sociétés de Luxembourg) under number B207903.
We have an independent Data Protection Officer (DPO) who makes sure that your rights when it comes to your personal data are upheld.
Your right of access
You have the right to ask us for copies of any personal information we process or store about you. As we only process your data with your, or your guardians’ consent, this right always applies to Skeeled and is called a subject access request.
Your right to rectification
You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete. This right always applies and is called a rectification request.
Your right to erasure
You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information if you no longer want us to hold it. As we only process your data with your, or your guardians’ consent, this right always applies to Skeeled, however, we need a certain amount of data to be able to provide the service. This is called an erasure request.
Your right to restriction of processing
You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information. This is where we do not delete your data, but we also do not allow it to be accessed by anyone. This is called a restriction request.
Your right to data portability
You have the right to ask that some organisations transfer the information you give them to other organisations or directly to you. Whilst we are happy to provide your information to you directly to you, it may not be held in a format that can be transferred to other organisations.
Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
Please note that the processing of your Personal Data by Skeeled on behalf of the recruiter implies that you are subject to a decision that is based on automated processing of your Personal Data.
The Skeeled software creates an employability profile of you, to allow the recruiter to better evaluate your application, and to allow Skeeled, on behalf of the recruiter, to determine which candidates are suited for a job or traineeship position.
However, these automated decision-making processes do not include the risk that your application may be refused solely based on algorithms.
We carry out regular checks to make sure that our systems are working as intended, however, you can challenge any automated decision relating to your application that you believe to be incorrect and request human intervention by contacting the recruiter or emailing email@example.com.
If you would like to make any of these requests, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the request in the subject. We will send you a confirmation receipt and then follow up with some questions to verify your identity.
Your right to object to processing
If you think we are not upholding your rights, or we are not processing your information lawfully you have the right to object.
If you think we are handling your personal data incorrectly you should approach us in the first instance, and we will do everything possible to rectify the situation. If you are not happy with our response you have a right to contact the supervisory authority, in this case the National Commission for Data Protection (CNPD). You can lodge a complaint through their website here and they, in turn, will deal with it.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. We have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
This policy may be updated from time to time so please check back occasionally to make sure you’re happy with any changes.